I decided to start a new series of blog posts where I suggest different labs that will help you prepare for the CCNA exam. This will also allow me to consolidate my knowledge on this topic.
Imagine that you are a junior network engineer. You were hired by Gulian Technology and you were assigned a buddy to coach and help you apply your networking knowledge by working on different customer projects.
A customer of Gulian Technology recently bought a couple of Cisco routers and they are looking for help. You need to help them with the following tasks:
- Configure IP addresses on all devices from the network diagram.
- PC1 should have the IP address 192.168.1.10 with the subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
- R1 is the default gateway for PC1 and should have the IP address 192.168.1.1/24.
- PC2 should have the IP address 172.16.1.10 with the subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
- R3 is the default gateway for PC2 and should have the IP address 172.16.1.1/24.
- Configure static routing on Cisco routers.
- Ensure that the PCs can ping each other.
If you want to follow along, you can download the pkt file from here. You will need Packet Tracer to do this lab. Please check this post for installation instructions. Check the video to find out how to carry out the project.
That’s it! You have learned how to configure IP addresses on a Cisco router and how to add static routes. If you found this blog post helpful, please like and subscribe for more Cisco labs. Thank you for reading/watching it!